Wednesday, December 16, 2009

... is feeling a bit more confidant!

Well, time for some good news! 

Turns out Josh's leg has something in between a shin splint and a stress fracture ... a gray area they call severe stress reaction. This doesn't mean he will be able to run the marathon, but it does mean a faster recovery and increase chance of him being able to run the last few miles with me!

I saw my physical therapist and instead of focusing on my back we addressed my knee. No running for another week but ok to cross train. I went to the gym tonight and managed 3 miles on the elliptical at a decent intensity aerobically before feeling the slightest ache in my knee. I just quit right then while I was ahead before causing a flare up. But I was happy to make it to 3 since I was only a mile and a half into my run Sunday when disaster struck. So I am feeling a bit more positive! Off to hockey tomorrow and hopefully 5 miles on the elliptical Friday. 

I also wanted to thank everyone who has purchased keychains or donated money to Team AllEars and the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. THANK YOU!

Cailin

1 comment:

  1. We'll all be rooting for you, C, and waiting for updates!! Oh, and tell Josh we want Twitter pics, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete